by Paul Fijal
CPO Awake Labs
Technology, learning, autism, special education
*Disclaimer – this blog post makes reference to organizations and technologies developed by people we admire. References to these groups does not explicitly mean that they endorse Awake Labs. All of the information and links shared in this blog post are part of the publicly domain.
Awake Labs is a team of engineers, software developers, and entrepreneurs. We are developing Reveal Stories – a trusted AI-powered app that helps people with autism and their caregivers share strategies with each other and get answers to their most important care questions.
Our company was born in 2015 because of the demand to build technology that could have an impact – something that would be a game-changer for the autism community. We’ve spent almost 4 years working closely with people with autism and their families, teachers, therapists, and caregivers to develop technology that can be useful everyday.
The Awake Labs team lives in a world of technology, and over the years we have come across a lot of tools, products, websites, and organizations built for the autism community. This blog post includes our list of highlights.
Technologies for learning
We’ve seen that technology creates new opportunities for learning for people with autism. Check out some of these tools:
- Leka: an interactive robot to support education in an easier, more efficient and constant way
- Magnus Mode: has grown into a powerful accessibility movement that is transforming the way people with special needs interact with the world
- Holli: a project from the Autism Research Centre to help children with autism interact socially
- LAMP: a full vocabulary AAC language app based on the Unity language system
At Awake Labs, we also like to learn about the day-to-day experiences of people with autism and their families. Here is where we go to hear from the community:
- Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism
- Steve Silberman’s TED Talk about the history of autism
- Twitter; it has helped us connect with people all over the world and learn from their experiences (you can find Awake Labs there, too!)
RELATED ARTICLES PAGES AND TOPICS
Share your story with the community. Click here to contact us about doing a SETH TALK.
Interested in becoming a guest writer for Seth’s Mom. Click here to contact us.